A 3-day programme of activities open to a wide range of projects interested in the Platform Economy and the Collaborative Economy. Discover the focus of the new edition, register to enroll in the call for participants and share your work! Next 19th to 21st November in the Smart City Expo World Congress.
- 3 days to shape the Sharing Cities and Platform Economy with the Ecosystem
- 100 speakers in the Open Forum
- 80 initiatives in the Exhibition Area
- 21.000 attendees and 700 cities coming to the SCEWC
- 4 main issues: Economic Models and Future of Work, Inclusion & Gender, Data and Ecological Sustainability.
1. Call to participation to ecosystem members
After the Sharing Cities Summit celebrated in Barcelona in 2018, where around 50 cities agreed on the “Common Declaration of Principles and Commitments for the Sharing Cities” and agreed on the creation of a cities Task Force to support cities collaboration, a new encounter will take place at the Smart City Expo World Congress 2019. The encounter’s goal is an action reboot of the Declaration of Sharing Cities.
From 19th to 21st of November 2019, the Sharing Cities Action will host an Encounter at the SCEWC19, meeting the ecosystem at the Sharing Cities Action Stand Lab. The purpose of this encounter is to define the 2020 Action Plan for the Platform Economy and the Collaborative Economy based on the Declaration of Sharing Cities. It will also be an opportunity for the Declaration of Sharing Cities to reach about 700 cities and more that 21.000 attendees.
Following the last encounter, several members of the Platform Economy Ecosystem will gather together and work to build a stronger network through a set of activities: cities, organizations, researchers and civil society will meet again. This year not only are expected to come more than 50 cities from around the planet to deal with the issue of Platform Economy, but also have already confirmed their assistance a great variety of public institutions, such as the European Commission, Generalitat de Catalunya and Ajuntament de Barcelona. This just confirms the opportunity to impact on public policies that provides the Sharing Cities Action Encounter 2019.
Thanks to its wide range of activities such as projects, exhibition, discussions at the Open Forum space, workshops and hacking sessions dealing with current models of the platform economy and the collaborative economy, the Sharing Cities Stand Lab will be generating a real active hub enabling visitors and participants to understand the impact of the platform economy and the collaborative economy on cities, their consequences and how it affects citizens’ lives.
The full set of activities that will be hosted in the Sharing Cities Action Stand Lab will address the following topics:
- Economic Models and Future of Work. New business models to improve regulation and prodemocratic platforms models, economic sustainability and the right to work and the city.
- Inclusion and Gender. Integrating gender perspective and ensuring inclusion in sharing policies and digital platforms.
- Data. Negotiation with platform for data access, building data commons and data regulation.
- Ecological Sustainability. Circular economy and climate change.
- Others related to the Sharing Cities, Platform Economy and Collaborative Economy proposed by the participants.
During the 3-day programme all participants will contribute to cocreate the 2020 Action Plan for the Platform Economy and the Collaborative Economy, the most important outcome of the Sharing Cities Action Stand Lab 2019. This document will define a set of actions agreed by the community to be developed in 2020 in order to build a stronger sharing cities ecosystem.
The cities interested in the Sharing Cities Action Stand Lab will be able to engage with it participating in specific sessions for cities as well as in the rest of the program of activities. The Sharing Cities Action Stand Lab should be, if not your fav spot in SCEWC, your second home. In case you want to drive a session at the Stand, or receive information about the Sharing Cities Action Task Force you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit this section of the web.
On last year’s edition, the Stand Lab gathered a huge international sharing platform economy community: we hosted more than 100 key speakers, more than 80 initiatives were exhibited and 2 lean workshops were hosted at the Stand Lab. We are expecting the same success on this this year’s edition. That’s why are opening a call for participants: the first call for participants will remain open until 5th July 2019 . Projects applying to this first call will benefit from visibility through our communication channels from July. Please tell us what is your platform economy or collaborative economy project like and join the international community next November in Barcelona during the SCEWC.
If you want to receive more information about the Stand Lab you can contact us via the following emails:
- If you are a researcher email@example.com
- If you are a press member firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are a city email@example.com
2. Call to research
Research has an important role as part of the Sharing Cities Action programme. The new edition of the Stand Lab includes a slot for researchers and research initiatives to connect and present their research around the Sharing Cities, Platform Economy and Collaborative Economy. If you want to take part of the Platform Economy and Collaborative Economy Researchers Meetup, feel free to suggest a specific workshop, roundtable and talk, or come and listen. Register via the following form:
3. Selection process
In order to participate in the Stand Lab programme fill in the application form below. The first call of application is open until July 5th. Projects applying to this first call will benefit from visibility through our communication channels from July on. Please, select the activities you want to be involved while filling the application form and we will come back to you to confirm your participation.
Evaluation process and criteria
The selection board will take into account specific indicators such as legal governance model, type of interaction (P2P, B2C, etc.), area of activity (mobility, caring etc.), social, gender and economic equity impact, which kind of technological and data policy rules the initiative the scope of the project: international, regional, local. There is an Advisory Board which is responsible of verifying if applications fulfill the evaluation criteria.
The selection process is based on the Declaration of the International Forum of Collaborative Economy (Procomuns), the Declaration of Common Principles and Commitments of Sharing Cities, launched last November in Barcelona during the Sharing Cities Summit 2018, and the Platform Economy Characterization Framework: the Sharing Star. The selection process will take into account a great variety of actors and will find a balance between: local and international collaborative projects, consolidated global projects and small scale projects, different development areas of the ecosystem: companies, civil society and universities. Public Administration & Government actors will also be present by other means throughout the encounter.
The Advisory Board is composed of different initiatives such as: Dimmons, Ideas for Change, Fem Procomuns, OuiShare, DigitalFems, and Liquen DataLab. The Advisory Board will try to include as many valuable initiatives that match with the democratic quality balance methodology as possible. Innovation & originality are also important criteria to take into account.
The final selection will be notified to the candidate organizations and initiatives. The selected organizations will have to commit to attend the event.
Have a look at the benefits of participating in the Sharing Cities Action Stand Lab. Being part of the innovative and emerging alternative digital economy platform ecosystem rocks!
- Promotion through the Sharing Cities Action channels (social media, programme, website, press, etc.).
- Exhibition space at the Sharing Cities Action Stand Lab at the Smart City Expo World Congress
- Presence and possibility to disseminate project information at the Sharing Cities Action Stand Lab.
- Participating as a speaker in the presentations or round tables of the Open Forum (space for debates and presentations) of the Sharing Cities Action Stand Lab at the SCEWC.
- Access to SCEWC 2019 (entrance).
- Contribute to create an interesting network of people who have the ambition to make the Platform Economy and the Collaborative Economy the future of the new economic models.